CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 1, 2008

The "Dog Days" of Summer



OK so I thought that title to this post would be perfect as James and I have been taking lots of pictures of A.J. lately and wanted to add a few to our blog! We have been working hard training him to be a frisbee dog and he is slowly but surely beginning to be able to chase and catch the frisbee which we think is pretty cool! The only problem that we have faced is getting him to give us the frisbee back after he gets it!


A.J. also made a new friend in our yard today...James and I were inside working and I heard him barking outside and went to look and see what he was barking at and we came upon quite an intertaining little situation...here is a video that we took of AJ with his new little friend, guess we need to teach him some manners though so next time he doesn't scare the poor little guy off!


Here is a picture of me holding the little turtle as well!



This weekend we also went up to the Matthews Alive festival in downtown Matthews. They have it every year on Labor Day weekend and since we are usually in Tennessee during Labor Day we have never been before. It was pretty fun and had a lot of arts and crafts booths along with all the good ole carnival food that you see at festivals. James also found the new car of his dreams at a Saturn booth that was there and he got a picture with it. We are not 100% sure if we like this one better then the Nissan 350z though!



Well tomorrow we are going back to school after the long weekend. I have to say that I really do feel like we got a lot of rest and relaxation in this weekend which was really nice for a change! I feel like I am actually rested and ready to go back to be with the kids tomorrow...we'll see what happens after staying up late to watch the good ole University of Tennessee game though! Hopefully the Vols win by a landslide and it will be OK with my wonderful husband if I go to bed early and miss a bit of the game!

2 comments:

The Hines Family said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! We miss you and can't wait to see you this weekend! :-)

The Disselkoen's said...

Aj is getting so big! You guys look so happy. I like the car, that is funny that you guys like that car, my mom bought the same one last fall. She looks so cute driving it! Miss you!