CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Final Port: Roatan, Hondurras


OK so here are some pictures from the last port that we went to on the trip which was Roatan, Hondurras. I have to admit that when I found out that we were going to Hondurras I wasn't all that excited about it...I guess because I didn't know very much about the area. When we got there though I COMPLTELY fell in love with it to say the least. It has beautiful green trees all over the place and that amazingly blue water that you only see in the movies. When we were there we went on an excursion called pirates, birds, and monkeys. It was really neat because we got to see a lot of the island on our bus ride to the park where the excursion was and then we got to go for a hike (and cross a scary swinging bridge over the water) that lead to an area where there were a bunch of Macaw's (a type of parrot) and they would come and sit on your shoulder. It was really neat! James and I had a lot of fun with this...until one of the birds decided to say hello to James by giving him a little peck on the head...whoops!

After we left the areas with the birds we went on to visit the Monkey's! There were several different types of monkeys that we were able to see which was pretty neat. These guys would just come up to you and climb up your body and sit on your shoulder and jump from person to person! It was kind of hard to get a good picture of them sitting on you because they were so active but I think that we got a few good ones! One of the things that they warned us about before going in there was that the monkeys will steal things from you and if they steal something from you then they really think that it belongs to them so not to try to take it from them and they will eventually get bored with it and give it back.

Here I am with one of the howler monkeys...he just kind of sat right in my arms

Yep, the monkey climbed right on top of his head!


One of the monkey's stole a bottle out of James's shorts pocket and they took it up in the trees to play with it!

I have to say that I literally begged James to let us stay in Hondurras as we were getting back on the boat. My plan was that we could quit our jobs and just move into one of those cute little huts on the beach and become professional scuba divers and live a nice happy life together on the beach. Well as I'm sure you can tell he said no and made me come back home but hopefully we will be able to go back there and visit some day! Here are a few more pics from our stop here that I thought were pretty neat.


There were a lot of banana trees here and we also saw them in Costa Maya...I thought they were pretty cool looking!
While we were there we found some coconut trees by the pool that we layed out at...too bad we couldn't quite get one to bring home!

This is a picture of the hut that we could have lived in...looks like fun, right?


One final picture as our boat drove away from the island...hopefully we will see it again someday!

1 comments:

The Hines Family said...

I love the birds and the monkeys! What fun! :-)