CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hakuna Matata

Most of the time I like to post about things that James and I do together or stuff going on in our life but I guess this one is a little bit different...
Let me start out by confessing something about myself...I am a worrier...a lot of times a BIG worrier...sometimes I even worry about how much I am worrying about things.

I have definitely worked hard to try not to do this so much and am lucky to have a great husband who always helps me to look at the bright side of things (usually by singing me a verse from the song Hakuna Matata from the Lion King)...but it still is a struggle for me. When I get home each day after school I guess you could say I have the habbit of checking updates on blogs and on facebook first thing. Today when I read our pastor's blog (www.stevenfurtick.com) I was really hit by one of his posts on this subject. I think that with the economy and life the way it is right now the "worrying syndrome" is probably effecting a lot more people then ever before so I just was moved to share what he had written about the topic because it really made me think...

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” -Matthew 6:3

"God supplies all the strength we need to do all that He’s called us to do.But He rations this strength much in the same way He rationed manna to the children of Israel.He provides sufficient strength each day for the challenges of that day..and that day only.This strength doesn’t carry over from one day to the next. You either use it, or lose it.And He will not give you enough strength today for the confrontations, obligations, and challenges of next week, next month, or next year.That strength will be deposited in your account precisely when you need it- not a moment before.
If you’re stressed and overwhelmed today-check your strength supply.I’ll bet you have enough to get you through this day.And that’s all you need for now."

I think that what paster Steven has written here is SO true and the fact of the matter is that I (we) only need to focus on the things that are happening right here and now and just trust that everything else is going to turn out OK...and that ultimately the "plan" so to speak is not up to me so it's just a matter of knowing that He will take care of giving me the strength that I need for today!


1 comments:

The Hines Family said...

http://hineshappenings.blogspot.com/2008/03/wimberly-worried.html

I AM such a worrier. I remembered posting something similar last year. It's so hard to "let go and let God," but that's exactly what He's called us to do. We'll have to encourage each other in this! :-)