CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 16, 2009

What have we been doing since Bonaire?

I have realized the last few times that I got online that it has been quite a while since we updated the blog. We have definitely been busy since our trip to Bonaire...we spent a week in Tennessee visiting family and have been back in NC for a little over a week now getting settled and unpacked into our new home!

While we were in Tennessee we celebrated our one year anniversary and since we didn't have much money to spend on a big date after the trip, James decided to plan a picnic that he took me on instead! First, he showed up at the house with two boquets of beautiful flowers...one for me and one for my Mom (way to earn extra points!)
He also packed us a picnic basket
We drove to a nice spot overlooking the lake (a spot where we used to visit when we were dating in Knoxville)
We also ate some of our anniversary wedding cake that his cousin Tammy had been keeping in her freezer for us this year...it was surprisingly good!
We definitely had a good time spending the day together!
We came back to NC on the 6th of July and have been working hard to unpack the house and get it back in order before we go back to school this coming Monday. I don't have a whole bunch of pictures of the house inside yet but we will hopefully get some soon. We have been trying to get some cool things to decorate on a budget and one of my favorite projects so far has been some candle holders that we found on sale at Hobby Lobby that I spray painted to match our living room...here is the before and after!
I think they turned out pretty great if I do say so myself!
Last but not least these past few weeks we have been trying to get in a little rest and relaxation as well...here is a picture of James and AJ doing just that after a hard days work!

3 comments:

Jill said...

We had a picnic lunch on our first anniversary, too! :)

The Hines Family said...

James, that is so sweet! And way to earn brownie points by buying the mother-in-law flowers! :-)

I'm impressed that you ate some of your cake! And even more impressed that it was good! Ours stayed in my parents freezer and eventually got thrown out. We're party poopers, I guess! :-)

Can't wait to see you Monday! :-)

Vickie said...

Happy Anniversary! That cake looks so yummy! I can't wait to see pictures of the house...details! I need details!!!!

xoxoxoxoxox...vickie