CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Africa!

Just over one month from now I leave on my mission trip to Africa.  As many of you know I am so excited to go but yet so nervous at the same time.  I am going with a group of about 20 amazing people that are all part of a mission group called Missions 4 Jesus.  God definitely played a huge part in leading me to learn about this group after my life long dream of going to Africa.  It was one of those things that I had thought about for years and talked about over and over but was always to scared to go.  Well this time when the opportunity came up my wonderful husband decided that he wasn't going to let me take no for an answer and before I knew it I was signed up and on my way raising money for my trip! 

I have already learned so much about myself through this process of preparing physically and spiritually to go on this trip.  I go back and forth between feeling nervous and down right scared but every time I feel that way I am relieved to know that I am a child of such a wonderful God who will watch over me and take care of me while I am gone.  And as Dwight (one of the men on our mission team who lead me to go on the trip) told me the other day..."we haven't lost anyone yet"...so i'm sure i'll be OK! 

It seems like forever ago that I was having to think about getting my shots for this trip...with four shots complete and one more to go tomorrow I am so happy to be almost done with that!  I know that this next month is going to fly by and before I know it November 5th will be here and I will be getting on the plane to start what will surely be one of the biggest life changing experiences I will ever have.  I am so thankful to know that I have had so many people supporting me and praying for me and know that those love and prayers will continue while I am gone.  I can't wait to get back from the trip and share with everyone what I lived and experienced while I was there!

I appologize for kind of skipping out on the blog the last two months but there has honestly been so much going on that I just didn't know where to start!  I will do my best to update more as I prepare for this trip over the next month and will definitely have LOTS to share afterwards!

4 comments:

Matt Langdon said...

Make sure you post lots of updates here when you're there. I'm quite jealous.

The Hines Family said...

SO excited about your trip!

Anna said...

I will do my best to post updates though i'm not sure how much internet access I will have!

Unknown said...

Where are you going? I have many friends in Kenya :) proud of you girl!!!