CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 2, 2009

You Know You're In The South When...


You go to the "local" hamburger joint and order sweet tea with lemon and a burger with "slaw"! 




OK so I do realize that the pictures in this post may grose some of you out but when we were out to lunch today Melissa convinced me that this moment was "blog worthy" so here it is!  Duke's grille is a local hamburger place that is right across from our school and is one of those hole in the wall places that is ALWAYS packed and serves great food!  They also only take cash which definitely is different from most places now days!  Anyways when we went out to lunch I had my first officially southern hamburger after living in the south for six years now...and I have to say it was pretty good too!  In fact I think I may have to take my pocket book and go to the wal-mart and get me a buggy to buy some slaw and soda...oh yeah and I can't forget a toboggan to wear on my head since it's getting cold outside these days!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Ha! I love this post! The "pocketbooks," "buggy," and "toboggan" cracked me up!

We love Duke's, too, btw!

andrea said...

Love your last comment. LOL. People are weird down here. I will never truely understand!

April Whipple said...

What's funny about a buggy? :)

The Hines Family said...

Okay, I laughed out loud SO hard at this post! In fact, I read it twice and laughed both times. You're getting to be a true southern belle, Anna! :-)