CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Team Courage!


This past weekend I traveled to Knoxville to take part in the Susan Koman walk for the cure to fight against breast cancer.  I have to say it was a very humbling experience to see so many people (about 14,000) just from the Knoxville area all out to fight this cause.  Not only to see the people supporting it, but the survivors as well.  I know that seeing all of those survivors had to be somewhat comforting to my wonderful cousin Natalie who is undergoing her chemo treatment right now. 

Mom and I went out and bought our "team scarves" the night before which were a hit with everyone at the walk.  Next year we will have to start early and create a team shirt that will compete with the others as well!  My wonderful husband James surprised us all by sending us a good luck gift from edible arrangements that is pictured above.  I have also included a picture of the note he attached as I thought it was incredibly sweet...yep bonus points for James!

This is a picture (from the side) of all of the breast cancer survivors that were at the walk.

A picture of our team before the start of the race...the only thing that would have made this day better is if our team captain Shelly would have been there, she was home sick with the flu :(

Real Men Wear Pink! Little did they know these scarves came from the princess section at BigLots!

Brady cheered on her Mom by dancing with her dance team during the walk!

A picture during the race of all the people in front of us!

Our team picture at the end...WE DID IT!!!

We all went out to grab a bite to eat after the race and enjoy those delicious strawberries James sent us!

I thought that this song was fitting for this post because of the chorus of the song...it was also one that they were playing during the race!  I think that we all loved being a part of this race for a fabulous cause and can't wait to do it agian next year!


2 comments:

The Hines Family said...

What great family time! What a nice husband to send you the Edible Arrangement bouquet! :-)

Vickie said...

Love to see what you did! Ashley and I did Bras for the Cause. Hers was amazing. I posted them on our blog. I continue to pray for Natalie.

Enjoy your weekend!

xoxoxox...vickie