CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Newest Hobby!

Well that's right about a month and a half ago I was walking around in Hobby Lobby with James and just as we were going out the door I saw a sign for an upcoming Wilton cake decorating class...so what did I do?  I signed up of course!  I mean I did have two free nights during the week so why not fill up one of them with something fun!  I am taking the class with my friend Jeanne that I work with and we have had a lot of fun doing it together so far!  Here are some pictures of the cakes that I have made.  My last class for this session will be this coming Tuesday so stay tuned for pictures of my "final project"!!  Oh boy!

This was the first cake that I made...we were pretty much able to choose our creation and it was definitely fun!  I was very proud of having a filling in the cake which I had never done before!

This was the second cake that we made in class when we learned how to make clowns.  I thought they were super cute and fun to make, I really enjoyed this one! 

Keep me in mind as your official cake decorator for the next clown party at your house!!

This guy was my favorite with his legs hanging off the side!

Finally I just finished up a cake this evening for a friend of ours on James's grade level who will be celebrating her 60th birthday next week!  We are having a few people over tomorrow to celebrate with her so James thought it would be a good time for my cake debut!

I had fun getting creative with this cake and making the roses...James insisted on having black roses for the cake!  I think it turned out pretty good though I will definitely be working on my cake writing skills!

This was the first rose that I made in our class...it's supposed to be the hardest thing to make for cakes!  If anyone has a sweet tooth just stop on by our house because after these last few weeks I think I am done eating cake for a while!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Very cool! Be sure you come up with a price list so when people (ME!) ask you to make birthday cakes for their kids, you know how much to charge!

Anna said...

Will do...good thought!

The Hines Family said...

Those look amazing! I'm impressed! :-)

Tara said...

Quite a talent, nice work Anna!!