CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Could it be snow?


Thought I would give a little update to all my "Yankee" friends up north about our call for "winter weather"...if you can even call it that! Many people say that southerners are crazy when it comes to snow and bad weather and today that is just proven more. Don't get me wrong I love ya'll down here but some people do go a little over board with the snow thing! We are calling for the possibility of some wintry mix over night of rain, sleet, and snow. Let me tell you everyone down here is just talking all about school closings, delays, and trips to the store to pick up some milk and bread...even if we do get a day off I highly doubt the stores will be out of milk and bread come tomorrow afternoon when everything is melted and gone...but we better stock up just in case! Haha! Oh and the other crazy thing is that they don't build in any bad weather days down here so if we DO happen to have school called off then we have to make it up on one of our work days, what's up with that?!?!

I guess there is also no better time then this to post some of the pics from my trip up to Illinois over Christmas break where we actually did get a few inches of snow! I know that Tara and Matt will agree when I say that once you are away from the snow for a while and finally get to see it you feel just like a little kid in a candy store...it's all about sledding and snowball fights! I don't think I was ever that excited to shovel snow as a kid when I had to but this time I was all about it! Even though everyone does get a little crazy down here I really do hope we get a little snow because I love it just as much as the next person and truly miss it when I don't get to see it every year not to mention I would love to hear what my students think of it given they probably have only seen snow once or twice in their short little lives. Anyways i'll keep you all posted on our "winter weather"!

Mom was pretty excited to get on the tractor...to bad by the time she got it running we were almost done!

My Uncle Bill and I preparing some snow balls!

3 comments:

The Hines Family said...

Hey Anna and James...

Sorry I don't have long to post. Brian will be home soon and we're headed to the store to get some bread, milk, and karosine--they're calling for 1-2 inches ya know! :-)

Anonymous said...

Should have been here New Year's Even when we got a foot over night! It was awesome! We helped shovel the neighbor out because she was trying to do it by herself- but we probably weren't having as much fun as you!

Anonymous said...

This wide variety of options including WWAN, WiMax & LTE
US only, WLAN and Bluetooth 3. Outlook - 1:27 secondsMy Documents - 8:30Photographs:
14:15The 16 GB model, for comparison purposes, not four times.
The draft specification provides a standardized method for
usb flash drive 3. K and other European countries,
the new iPad and have some juice remaining for
an Android smartphone, iPhone or another gadget that charges via usb flash drive.


Also visit my web site ... bikini (reuthernet.de)