CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 13, 2007

Hometown Hero...

Well let me first start this one off by saying that I really do think that I have the most wonderful and caring future husband that I could ever ask for! If any of you haven't heard, James entered me in a little contest this past weekend and below is a picture of my prize! It was sposered by a local radio station and by the Hyundai dealership. The contest was called "hometown heros" and James wrote a 150 word essay about why I was his hero and how I have made a difference in the community...I have yet to get to read the actual essay but the parts I have heard were incredibly sweet! Anyways to make a long story short we were called to go to the Hyundai dealer this past Saturday along with 95 other finalists and out of that group we were chosen as one of the 4 winners! It was REALLY an amazing experience to be in a room with all kinds of awesome people from many different walks of life who have all made a difference somehow in our community. I was chosen along with two firemen and a police officer. We were all then given a set of keys and got to push the button on the keys to see what our new car looked like! The one that James and I won is a Sonata and it is kind of a tan/green color. We get the car for one year and basically just get a free lease on it which is amazing! I definitely think this is God's way of helping us out right now because we have been worried about some things coming up in the near future but with this we are going to be able to sell one of our cars and get rid of a car payment...HOORAY!!!! Well here are some pics of the new car that we took, they are also supposed to put them up on the radio's website which is http://www.kiss951.com/ and as soon as they are up there I will try to put them on here as well! Also if you live in the area check out the Charlotte Observer because they are supposed to do a story on it this coming weekend. Well if you couldn't tell we basically had a fantastic weekend and are really feeling blessed for everything that we have!

The "natural khaki" (I think it looks more light green in the light) Sonata at it's new home!

Some of our great friends helping celebrate after a long day of painting!

1 comments:

Matt said...

We are so happy for you guys! Way to go James for giving your woman props and way to go Anna for being someone who inspires others :)