CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Officially Southern...


OK so I have to admit that when I moved down here to North Carolina from Michigan I definitely made more then my share of comments about the "crazy southerners" who are all bundled up when it is 50 degrees outside with there winter coats and hats on. Well this week I realized that I have officially become one of those people. I found myself walking with Sally the other day completely bundled up from head to toe...including sporting a "toboggan" on my head. It was probably in the mid 50's out which is definitely cool but I know that a few years ago I would have probably been wearing a t-shirt at that same temperature. If you look in the picture above I am even more bundled up then James who has been a southerner for most of his life! I guess it is true what they say that your blood really does thin after a few years in a new climate and now I feel like I am cold ALL the time! Sure can't wait till Christmas break when we get to go on our cruise and warm up a bit!

Here I am after returning from the walk!

Oh yeah we are also having red ribon week at our school this week and today was "put a cap on drugs" day so James and I went to party city last night and got ourselves some cool hats to wear...what do you think??

2 comments:

The Hines Family said...

50 degrees IS cold, ya'll!! :-)

You guys looked adorable in your purple hats! I put pictures of Molly up in her Halloween costume--where are your pictures of AJ?! :-)

C, L, and E said...

It didn't take long for my blood to thin out either, welcome to the South! Love the hats :-)